Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Interlude

I thought I would take this time to have a brief interlude and show you my most recent nail art. I've been meaning to do this for some time, after I saw a friend do it. It's called Water Marble Nail Art, and it's simple to do, plus it looks divine.

I think it looks great, and it's interesting because the nails all look different.
from left to right: Butter London Nail Laquer in "Blagger" Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Nail Color in "Green With Envy" and Essie Nail Color in "Lollipop"

This is pretty much the easiest complicated-looking nail art I've ever done.
1. Paint your nails white
2. Fill a cup with room temperature water. It's very important to have the water at room temperature, so that when you drop the nail polish in, it spreads evenly across the surface, and doesn't sink to the bottom.
3. Tape around your nails (sides, top and bottom), so that when you put your nails in the water the polish doesn't cover your fingers as well. (This makes for easy cleanup, just pull off the tape and all is finished.)
4. Drop your different shades of nail polish into the water, so that they form rings of color. I recommend at least two rounds of drops.
5. Use a toothpick to make patterns in the rings, then pick your favorite pattern, and put your nail into that specific section. Hold it there for 10 seconds, then use a toothpick to collect the excess nail polish still floating in the water. Remove your nail and put on a layer of topcoat. Repeat for the other 9 nails.

See? Simple, simple. It looks great, and you can use any combination of colors. The downside? You need about a million toothpicks. Other than that, I totally recommend it, it looks funky and sort of like a strange lava lamp. Try it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment